On 17 July 2023, the Daffodil Centre hosted a symposium and morning tea to celebrate two years as a joint venture between Cancer Council NSW and the University of Sydney. Held at the Susan Wakil Health Building, “Moving the dial in cancer control: Research to inform policy and practice in Australia and globally” provided an opportunity to reflect on the achievements and challenges of cancer research, share updates from Daffodil Centre research fellows, and hear panel of experts discuss how we can ‘move the dial’ in cancer control.
Watch the recording
- Professor Sarah Hosking, CEO, Cancer Council NSW
- Professor Joel Negin, Acting Deputy Executive Dean – Academic, The University of Sydney
- Professor Karen Canfell, Director, The Daffodil Centre
Research update presentations
- Dr Amelia Smit, Research Fellow
- Dr Qingwei Luo, Research Fellow
- Dr Preston Ngo, Research Fellow
- Dr David Mizrahi, Research Fellow
- Professor Emily Banks, Australian National University
- Professor Deborah Bateson, The Daffodil Centre
- Mr Paul Grogan, The Daffodil Centre
- Associate Professor Carolyn Nickson, The Daffodil Centre
- Associate Professor Marianne Weber, The Daffodil Centre
- Panel discussion facilitated by Sophie Scott, Presenter and Keynote Speaker, former National Medical Reporter for the ABC
Thank you to Michael West for his educational Welcome to Country and to our Master of Ceremonies, Sophie Scott.
A big thank you to everyone who attended online and in person, together we can work towards a cancer-free future.